Re: Yet another ORA-01555 question

From: Andrew Metcalfe <chicagoandy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:01:02 GMT

Brian Peasland wrote:

> Andrew Metcalfe wrote:
>

>>I'm confused. That's the segment that reported the error. The error is
>>RBS02 is too small, and when I look at it, indeed it is the smallest of
>>the 3.
>>
>>I had thought it was odd that it was of differing size then the other
>>two, and that the proper course of action would be to set its size to be
>>the same as the other ones.
>>
>>Would the small size of this one segment be the cause of my error?
>>
>>Or do I need to add more segments?
>>
>>_Am
>

> Are you sure that your error indicated that the rollback segment did not
> have enough space? In this case, it may be more likely that your
> rollback segment was trying to extend, but the tablespace did not have
> enough space. Have you checked for that condition? You may also want to
> post the exact error number and message.

Urg. I did err in my initial post. the error was on RBS1, not RBS2. That explains a lot about my confusion.

Here's the error message.

ORA--1555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name RBS1 too small ORA-06512

Here's a question then, on the Storage tab of RBS1,2, and 3, I've got a maxiumum size of 4096 K for each segment.

DBA Studio is reporting 15M segments, though. How does that compute?

NAME     TABLESPACE     Extents    Size(M)
RBS01    RBS            30         15
RBS02    RBS            9          4
RBS03    RBS            31         15.5

_Am Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 17:01:02 CST