Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:15:42 -0800

rkusenet wrote:

> "Thomas Kyte" <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com> wrote
>

>>Well, I didn't prove that really -- the point I made on page 35 was
>>that

> ha ha. this is getting better. So what Daniel Morgan has been doing
> is blindly believing oracle marketing hype. Not very smart of him.

No. As stated above ... ran this at a large national bank. And believe what we found.

> Instead of SCROLL CURSOR, a TEMP TABLE can also be created for same.

And what happens during the time the temp table is being loaded? Same thing that happens in SQL Server. Surely you are not advocating a full table lock for as long as it takes to load a temp table.

> I am sure same technique will work just fine in SQLServer.
>
> Bottomline: this was never an issue in any enterprise RDBMS.

Except Oracle.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu