Re: Performance problem - help appreciated.

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:16:50 +0200

On 30 Mar 2004 08:16:19 -0800, charlie3101_at_hotmail.com (Charlie Edwards) wrote:

>So can anyone help?
>Why does it suddenly ignore my first_rows hint?
>Has anyone got any other suggestions on how I can solve my problem.

Swap the order of the tables in the from clause, you have the driving table listed last and that should be first, using CBO Make sure there are histograms on the indexed columns Make also sure optimizer_index_cost_adj and optimizer_index_caching are NOT at their defaults.
Realize any outer join is just asking for awful execution plans.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA