How do you create a small version of a large database ?

From: Richard Elliott <richard.a.elliott_at_williams.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2004 11:34:17 -0800

I want to create a much smaller version of an existing database. I was planning on just using export/import with import being objects only, no data. The data was going to be loaded with custom sql to select a specific subset of the existing database via a BD link. The export however creates DDL that has the large extent sizes and these fail when being created in the smaller instance since there is not enough space in the table spaces. I am trying to create a database that is 10% the size of another. I can't edit the export text ( to adjust the DDL) without causing it to be corrupt. How else can this be done ?

Thanks in advance for the help. Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 13:34:17 CST