Re: Switch off Fine Grained Access Control within database packaged procedures

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2004 06:16:54 -0800

"Neil" <someone_at_microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<405f9899_at_cpns1.saic.com>...
> All,
>
> Using 8.1.7 DB
>
> Short of switching FGAC off on entry and back on prior to exit exit of every
> procedure is
> there any way to mark the procedure as 'Run as procedure owner, rather than
> the user
> invoking it?
>
> TIA
>
> Neil

Neil, I am not sure what you are asking since FGAC and the procedure invoker rights are two separate features that can operate without the presence of the other or in the presence of the other.

You set a procedure/package to run with CURRENT_USER or DEFINER (default) rights at creation time.

Exactly what problem are you facing?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 08:16:54 CST