Re: Switch off Fine Grained Access Control within database packaged procedures

From: Neil <someone_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:37:04 -0000

<snip>

> Exactly what problem are you facing?
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

A simplified example (i hope!)

I have a parts catalogue with a policy that restricts part/serial numbers by supplier
A time based life information table for each part/serial number has a similar policy.

I have a form that shows me time based information for my part/serial.

eg
Date : dd-MON-yyyy

Part Number                                      Serial Number
Life Info
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 99999999
99999999 99999999

I use a procedure to get this time based information.

When i execute a query on the parts catalogue, a predicate gets built and i see only my part/serial numbers. This is fine. A Post Query has a call to the procedure to retrieve the life usage information relevant to the date entered I dont want the procedure to use FGAC, since i already know i can see the part/serial number as it's already been applied to the base table and i am passing the part/serial into the procedure.

Clear as mud?

Neil Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 08:37:04 CST