Re: Z800 SLOW!

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:57:17 GMT

Panoramix wrote:

> OK! I'am not sure that my englis is very well,
> I try...
>
> I'am a IBM Z800 server
> I'am installed on it a Oracle 9.2 version and my application is very slow!
>
> My application was work on SUn solaris with two processor and 1GB ram.
>
> The Z800 server have a 3 processor and 6GB ram!!!!
>
> Is possible that the Z800 is most slow of a Sun Server?
> Thanks.

How did you move your data to the Z800? Did you export/import it? Afterwards, did you recalculate optimizer statistics? Have you looked at the differences in your INIT.ORA parameters? You might have a sizing difference that is choking your performance. There are lots of areas to look, these are just a few.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com