Re: utlbstat/utlestat

From: Stephan Bressler <sbresslerx_no_spam_at_arcor.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:34:29 +0100

> utlbstat/utlestat scripts for 30 minutes. When I went through the report.txt
> I saw that the value for "messages received" and "messages sent" are nearly
> 120.000.000. In a report.txt file before the ora_dbwr goes up the value is
> around 30.000 .

Hi,

30.000 per 30 Minutes is quite resonable, 120Mio is not. Some old versions of oracle go crazy if the system is up too long. I assume you're on unix (never seen this on windows, guess why). If the system's up for longer than 248 days, the value returned by the times syscall wraps around (248*24*60*60* 100ticks >2G). This often causes a lot of strange oracle behaviours, exspecially with old versions. HTH
Stephan Received on Fri Mar 19 2004 - 08:34:29 CST