utlbstat/utlestat

From: Thomas Warnecke-Hesse <adp_at_caoc2.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:53:45 +0100

Hi,

is there somewhere how could help?

I am running Oracle 7.2.3 (no choice I have to run this old version). Now during monitoring the system process I noticed that the ora_dbwr process run between 20-50% process time, which is not normal. I then run the utlbstat/utlestat scripts for 30 minutes. When I went through the report.txt I saw that the value for "messages received" and "messages sent" are nearly 120.000.000. In a report.txt file before the ora_dbwr goes up the value is around 30.000 .

What are these messages doing? Received on Fri Mar 19 2004 - 05:53:45 CST