Re: real applicaton cluster

From: robson <dbanewbie_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: 19 Mar 2004 03:54:21 -0800

wangbin_at_start.com.au (wangbin) wrote in message news:<2d15bd69.0403182016.ddff36d_at_posting.google.com>...
> > thanks about your explanation.
> > i have more questions.
> > I use OCFS, and am thinking about creating two partition to record
> > archived log, one for each instance.
> > in this way I I would have that to define archive_log_dest_2 equal to
> > archive_log_dest_1 of the other instance.
> > it is ok?
> Which platform do you use for OCFS, Windows or linux?
> If you use OCFS on linux as I do, DONOT use it for archive redo log.
> It will cause kernel panic when you have load on your box.
>
> Regards,
> Bin

i use OCFS on Linux 2.4.9-e.27smp. and (Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.3.0 - Production With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options) there are two partition to redo log online (two for cause of the mirror) and them are OCFS.

in accordance with the orientation that I am receiving the best scene, is to create an only destination of archived log for all the instances.

but you say that this cause kernel panic... then what settings i configure?

robson
RBS. Received on Fri Mar 19 2004 - 05:54:21 CST