Seperate Oracle Homes for each instance.

From: Bill Doggett <bdoggett_at_direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:33:53 GMT

One thought we are looking to better what each instance is using as far as resources is to have a seperate owner and Oracle Home for each instance. Such as if we had a prod instance we would have a unix account name prod and all the instance process and executables would be owned by prod. Second instance (pweb) would have the same thing. Unix account and oracle home with everything starting up as pweb. I can't seem to find any problems with this. Want to know if anybody else did this and if they had problems with it (besides duplicating the maintenance that may be needed. Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 11:33:53 CST