Re: Alert Log Monitoring / Notification

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:02:39 -0600

Not sure about sendmail, but I know utl_smtp has to specify the smtp server to deliver the message to. So, if you use some other "smtp capable" server to pass the email to, it might work where sendmail would fail.

In our company intranet, all Unix machines send sendmail mail to "localhost" and it then gets routed to a central smtp server . So, if it is possible to bypass "localhost" and localhost was the problem, this might fix the problem?