Re: [beginner] application with large sorts

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 22:33:48 GMT

> Thanks a lot for your answer. Please let me ask you one more question: when
> the query has completed its job what will be of this space that I have used
> from
> the TEMP tablespace ? (it will be restored....?)

Once the sort is complete, the temporary sorting space in TEMP is no longer needed by that session. It is available for other sessions to use. Note that it does not necessarily get deallocated, rather SYS retains that allocated space so that it doesn't have to allocate space for the next user's sort. But the sort space you are no longer using is available.

HTH,
Brian Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:33:48 CST