Alert Log Monitoring / Notification

From: Charles Davis <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:33:43 -0500

All,

I would like to be notified almost immediately if Oracle 9.2 writes certain messages to the Alert Log, such as any of the 'unable to extend' messages. An email sent at the moment of the error would be best.

Can this be done somehow within Oracle v9.2?? If so, please describe it or point me to the docs on this.

I already have an external alert log monitor process, but am looking for something more immediate that its polling interval.

Many thanks.

charles Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:33:43 CST