Re: Slow performance while searching con$

From: Nexio <nexio_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2004 13:41:21 -0800

Jim Wrote :
> I bet you are using dictionary managed tablespaces. Use locally managed
> tablespaces for your non-system tablespaces. I think you are seeing
> serialization around the extent management. Heaps of ram and cpu isn't
> going to solve the problem. Also IO could be an issue not CPU.
> Jim

Hi Jim,

We are deffinately using locally managed tablespaces. I think that the con$, cdef$ and user$ tables have been analyzed.Have deleted the statistics now and the inserts are happening like lightning !
Will try drop tables later and see how we go.

Thanks muchly all, for your help !

Neel Received on Tue Feb 24 2004 - 15:41:21 CST