Re: Oracle support......

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:27:44 GMT

I am. You probably won't have to search to long in the archives to read posts I've given on this same subject. I recently had to file a Tar and at first, I was somewhat hopeful. I was receiving ORA-1455 errors when doing activities with my RMAN Recovery Catalog. Turns out I was hitting a bug where one of my backup sets was taken during a change in daylight savings time and the completion time was less than the start time. This was the first time I had any real help from Oracle Support in quite a while. However, that's where my help ended. The analyst was never able to fix my problem. I had to figure it out myself.

Cheers,
Brian

rich wrote:

> Oracle support used to be simple: Call 1-800-223-1711, open a new tar
> and speak to a human. Now I goto metalink, open a tar, hope someone
> on the west coast get assigned to it, then hope I get a reply within
> 24 hours. Usually, I get an analyst from India, Australia, etc.....We
> never cross wire at the same time, and it usually takes 7days to close
> a TAR now.
>
> Anyone else fed up with it?

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com