I am a moron -- how do I automatically increment a primary key field?

From: Richard Crawford <rscrawford.penguin_at_mossroot.remove_waterfowl.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:43:16 -0800

How can I make sure that each record inserted into a table is given a unique primary key? I'm used to using MySQL which has an "auto_increment" feature so that I don't even have to worry about the primary key.

I've Googled for this quite a bit and haven't found anything. It seems like it would be such a common task that it would be really easy to track down.

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 17:43:16 CST