doing two session-setting ops in one SQL submission...

From: Joe Weinstein <joeNOSPAM_at_bea.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:31:51 -0800

Hi. I have a JDBC client to Oracle, and I want to initialize two session settings in one SQL string sent to the DBMS. I can do things like sending two normal updates with a string:

"BEGIN insert into mytable values(...); insert into myOthertable values(...); END;"

I am naively trying:

"BEGIN alter session set nls_date_format = 'MM/DD/YYYY'; set role xxxx_role identified by xxxx; END;".

This fails*. Is there working syntax for what I want to do? Thanks in advance,

Joe Weinstein at BEA