Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 13:18:47 -0800

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<y_GdnRxaMojC7q3dRVn-gg_at_comcast.com>...
> Hello Joe,
>
> Thanks for following up.
>
> Hope that (subtracting all flames) you got some good new information on
> available recovery options and techniques.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron

> > I'm sorry that I created such a fuss with my problem/question.
> > After reading through all of the posts, I deleted the new database and
> > was able to restore the control files from the RMAN backups and then
> > restore/recover everything else. So it looks like all is well, again.
> > It was not easy, but it seems to be running.
> > Thanks for the suggestions. Also sorry for not being clear on
> > what I was trying to do.
> > ------
> > Joe F.

Well, whaddya know, Ron??? Joe was able to drop his newly-created database and recover his old one. And not a whiff of TSPITR was needed.

So, do you want to acknowledge that the advice I gave was helpful, and yours wasn't, or not?

And you have the gall to describe my advice to him as "flames". You're a sad case, Ron. A danger to yourself and to others.

HJR Received on Mon Feb 16 2004 - 15:18:47 CST