Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 13:20:38 -0800

Joe Fischer <jfischer@__fischerhome__.org> wrote in message

> I'm sorry that I created such a fuss with my problem/question.
> After reading through all of the posts, I deleted the new database and
> was able to restore the control files from the RMAN backups and then
> restore/recover everything else. So it looks like all is well, again.
> It was not easy, but it seems to be running.
> Thanks for the suggestions. Also sorry for not being clear on
> what I was trying to do.
> ------
> Joe F.

Don't apologise, Joe. You were 100% clear on what you were trying to do, and you created no fuss at all. Such "fuss" as arose was due to the fact that Ron thinks he knows a lot, and doesn't -nothing actually to do with you or your posting at all.

Glad you got it sorted, anyway.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Feb 16 2004 - 15:20:38 CST