Re: What is the best way to copy 2G table data between two databases

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:59:13 -0500

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:03:50 -0800, Daniel Morgan wrote:

> And exactly how does an insert statement get data from one database
> into another? Send 2GB to a spool file?

insert /*+ append */ into table1(col1,col2,col3,..,colN) select col1,col2,col3,..,colN from table2_at_remotedb;

This is elementary, my dear Morgan. If I'm not mistaken, you are one of the experts that were scolding me for my objections to some oracle shenanigans not so long ago.

--
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.