Re: oradim

From: Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: 3 Feb 2004 21:36:44 GMT

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in news:1075839419.193293 @yasure:

> I am not trying to paint you with the brush of any of the three items
> listed above. In fact I can't even remember what you posted. But it is
> my impression that those things that Sybrand reacts to.

The original question had to do with how do you tell oradim which oracle home to use when there are multiple homes of the same version. In my case one has a specific patch level and the other does not. He stated basically that the answer could be found in the documentation. It is not and I cited the the oracle documentation on oradim right down to the page number. His response was to insult me and say I was not referring to Windows specific documentation. How can I not be referencing Windows specific documentation if it's about oradim? That's the *only* platform it's used on! I challenged him to provide the manual and page # where he claims it's documented. He did not. He resorted to insults and name calling, and he got the same back.

If I had a buck for everyone who's responsed to me in private on this case and in past cases about how arrogant they think he is or how they "can't stand that guy" I'd be able to buy both of us a nice steak dinner. Perhaps if more people *stood* up to his arrogance rather than *put* up with it, this NG would be more helpful, especially to those he likes to trample on.

--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email