Oracle Publication

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:45:03 +0000 (UTC)

I've had two or three emails recently asking about my involvement with Rampant Publishing and my apparent co-authoring of some books for them.

Just for the record: the articles published by Rampant with my name on them were sourced from DBAZine, to whom I originally posted them.

The arrangement between DBAZine and
Rampant was made without my knowledge,
and I did not hear about it until someone from the Oracle-L mailing list contacted me.

Note that I am not complaining about the fact that DBAZine chose to publish the
articles through an alternate channel; merely pointing out that the presence of my name on those books should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the rest of their contents, nor an endorsement of anything else that Rampant publishes.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

Next public appearances:
 Jan 29th 2004 UKOUG Unix SIG -  v$ and x$
 March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - The Burden of Proof
 March 2004 Charlotte NC OUG - CBO Tutorial
 April 2004 Iceland

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar: