French Translation of Server Error Messages

From: Nimmi <nimmi60_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 02:02:32 -0800

I would like to thank all of you for answering my earlier replies.

I am still having problems with Translation of server error messages to French. I did the following.

Install the french version of oracle client (oraf.msb file exists in oraclehome$\ora92\rdbms\mesg)
Changed the language by using ALTER SESSION statement

SQL> SELECT * FROM NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS;

PARAMETER                      VALUE
------------------------------ -----------
NLS_LANGUAGE                   FRENCH
NLS_TERRITORY                  FRANCE
NLS_CURRENCY                   ¿
NLS_ISO_CURRENCY               FRANCE

Set the NLS_LANG in the registry to FRENCH_FRANCE.WE8ISO8859P1

SQL> select * from t;
select * from t

              *
ERREUR à la ligne 1 :
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Please let me know why the error message STILL in English? I want to see

ORA-00942: table ou vue inexistante

Thanks. Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 04:02:32 CST