Re: Hmmm, it's starting....

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 19 Jan 2004 21:08:15 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1074548350.239742_at_yasure>...

> I completely agree with you but what's your point. Mladen didn't even
> take the time to send an email to Oracle to inquire about how one
> becomes a Beta tester.

No. His point is that he was faced with the "fait-accompli" that there was a beta program in progress, with not one blip coming from Oracle as to who would want to be involved in it. It was done by internal choice, not by application. That's his claim and bone with the process. And not only his: I'm hearing a lot of negative feedback on this one:
first I and a lot of others heard of a 10g beta test was through posts here and in Oracle-l. Not good enough.

Quite frankly, the last thing in my list of priorities is to get involved in a beta: got better things to do with my time. But other users may not think that way. And they are (quite rightly) pissed-off with Oracle marketing! Big mistake. B-I-G.

> and amount of spare time available: It doesn't exist. Oracle knows who
> is licensed ... not who their employees are.

So, why didn't Oracle propose a beta test to ALL the licensees. Like it has always done? Heck, it's not like they don't have the e-mails to send a URL to...

> I have a copy of JDeveloper 10g I downloaded from otn.oracle.com. Can
> you similarly get yourself a free copy of .NET? Catering does not mean
> bending over and begging for bankruptcy.

Actually, I can get a free copy of dotNET. And anything else from IBM and the others...
But I'll have to explain why I want it. Which Oracle also asks me. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO.

<plenty wrong with .NET, though...> ;)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Jan 19 2004 - 23:08:15 CST