Career path of a ORACLE DBA

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2004 10:26:23 -0800

Hi group,

Do you know of any really, realy senior ORACLE DBA? I guess I am wondering how long you can work as an ORACLE DBA - or as a technical person as a matter of fact. My thinking is that IT is still relatively new as a career option. So there may not be a lot of very senior IT professionals. So how do you envision your career path as an ORACLE DBA will take you? I am interested in knowing some real life cases. Do you think it is inevitable that all IT professionals will end up in the management?

John Received on Mon Jan 19 2004 - 12:26:23 CST