Intermedia URL_DATASTORE problem: Huge index never ending

From: Guy Dallaire <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:19:53 -0500

I have a table containg 7000 local file names that I index using intermedia using a FILE_DATASTORE. Indexing takes a while, and eventually, I get an index ($I table of about 240 Mb)

Now, the application server and the database server will reside on different machines, and the files are no longer local to the database server and we decided to index using an URL_DATASTORE. The file content is the same. The DBMS and App server are on the same local network.

The problem is that now, the index take forever to load (it never actually completes, I have to kill it) and is HUGE. When I killed it, the $I table was 2.4 Gb !

Also, we noticed that the $I (Token table) file, we have lots of junk (Weird symbols, etc...) that do not exist when we use the FILE_DATASTORE.

I will open a TAR but wanted to know if anyone experienced the same problem.

Thanks Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 10:19:53 CST