Re: Intermedia URL_DATASTORE problem: Huge index never ending

From: Guy Dallaire <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:19:29 -0500

Problem solved:

Nobody responded but we found the solution:

By default, the URL_DATASTORE does NOT use the INSO filter, contrary to the FILE_DATASTORE that does. The result was that each and every word (as well as postcript/pdf code, html tags, MS-Word control characters, etc) were indexed, which resulted in an un unmanageable and HUGE intermedia index.

"Guy Dallaire" <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com> a écrit dans le message de news:QkWKb.41524$BA6.903197_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> I have a table containg 7000 local file names that I index using
intermedia
> using a FILE_DATASTORE. Indexing takes a while, and eventually, I get an
> index ($I table of about 240 Mb)
>
> Now, the application server and the database server will reside on
different
> machines, and the files are no longer local to the database server and we
> decided to index using an URL_DATASTORE. The file content is the same.
The