Starting the intelligent agent

From: Herman Pool <h.pool_at_nibble.nl>
Date: 4 Jan 2004 05:00:08 -0800

Hi all,

After starting Oracle, the listener, Oracle Management Server and login to the Oracle Management Server, the Discovery Wizard starts. I have entered the name of the node I want to manage. This tells me:
Automatic discovery failed for some nodes. Click Next to retry the discovery or to manually confiure nodes that do not have Oracle Intelligent Agents.

Help tells me to check to make sure that the Intelligent Agent is running on that node and that there is network communication between the Management Server and Intelligent Agent.

But:
how do I start the Intelligent Agent?
How do I check that the Intelligent Agent is running? How do make network communication between the Management Server and the Intelligent Agent?

OS: RedHat 8.0
Oracle: 9.2.0.1.0

With kind regards,

Herman Received on Sun Jan 04 2004 - 07:00:08 CST