Re: Starting the intelligent agent

From: Rajiv Gangadharan <rajiv_gangadharan_at_sancharnet.in>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:26:06 +0500

> Help tells me to check to make sure that the Intelligent Agent is
> running on that node and that there is network communication between
> the Management Server and Intelligent Agent.

Since your oracle version is 9.2 you can check the status of the agent using the command 'agentctl'

agentctl status

if the agent is not started start is using the command

agentctl start

Once you start the intelligent agent it should be able to get all the services on your node and make an entry in the services.ora file found in ?/network/agent.

It is this services.ora file which is used by the Oracle Management Server to communicate with your databases.

Hope this helps.
Raj