Re: Oracle 9.2.0.4 ?

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 02:31:37 -0000

"Hans Forbrich" <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:3FECB384.15D70642_at_yahoo.net...

> Based on what I've seen, the basics work quite well, as do most of the
> advanced features. None of the problems I've seen truly impedes
> development. YMMV.

And the next newgroup article I read..

Re: Installation fails win2k/9i
> Summery:
> When I run setup it just returns having done nothing with no error
messages
and the version is the latest one you can download from http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/index.html
> I have :
> Oracle9i (9.2.0.1.0) for Mircrosoft Windows NT/2000.XP (Y180155)
> a 3 disk set and win2k w/ sp3

Reply was:-
"Try this note on metalink

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=1075227.6

...how can I try the metalink link when I don't have a support contract? So installation fails for the only trial version I can download and I have to
pay to get an answer? Like I'm going to be interested in further evaluation!!
"Well I evaluated it and it doesn't even install...next!"

Why can't I get an evaluation copy of something that works? Remember Oracle are supposed to be trying to convince me to build apps and so increase sales of the product...not try to screw money out of me!

As a developer I can easily get the latest version of MS SQL Server... in fact MS sent me eveything...

If companies want me to build systems using their products then they should give me
evalation copies...what so they could lose out on 1 developer license..and get 50
licenses purchaser from my 1st customer! And like I wouldn't buy a proper version
and that point anyway...I would need support too so I can support my customer
properly! Received on Fri Dec 26 2003 - 20:31:37 CST