Re: Webserver connection pooling and sql trace

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:02:03 -0000

Hi Ryan

I'm *sure* that others including Cary would disagree, but I don't think there is any good free solution for this type of problem other than to establish a test connection (say for a specific testing end user) that uses a dedicated connection. Essentially you would need to track the application session across multiple trace files and reassemble the files into a single source representing the application session this process would seem to be prone to error. It is possible that tools like the hotsos profiler will do this sort of thing for you.

If you do use a dedicated session for testing it is also important to check that it has the same performance profile as the pooled connections.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA