Re: buffer hit cache ratio

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:27:46 -0000

No, I'm not kidding. There don't appear to be many out there, but there are some. I don't have a high opinion of SLAs but a Hit Ratio target is exactly the sort of thing that would go in them. Correct measures are too open to interpretation to make a good SLA measure :(

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message

> you're kidding, right?
> If not, it is indeed a great indicator of the poor
> state of affairs of Oracle DBAs if their SLA or bonus
> is pending on this crap.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam
> "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message
>
> > I've given my Myths presentation 3 times now and in only 1 case did I
*not*
> > find someone whose performance was judged on an acceptable value of
BCHR,