Re: RAID5 Poll

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2003 02:38:00 -0800

"Burt Peltier" <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<4LbEb.8918$3k6.8407_at_bignews5.bellsouth.net>...
> Please to not post replies with comments on why not or do not suggest why
> something is better.
>
> I am just trying to get a general informal feedback from only
> people/companies using RAID5 to store ANY Oracle online files.
>
> Thanks.
> --

Why? I think you already know the answer. There are more than enough companies who don't involve their DBAs on harwdware purchases, the hardware is purchased by a bean counter, the SYSTEM comes with RAID-5, so the answer is obvious.

You also know you shouldn't be using RAID-5 for online redologs. That simple FACT (which you deliberately want to ignore) WON'T be refuted by ANY 'informal' (read useless) 'Poll'

If you want to behave like an oystrich, and put your head in the sand, you don't want to know how many other oystriches there are out there.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Dec 18 2003 - 04:38:00 CST