Re: What to configure for ODBC acces again an Oracle DB ?

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2003 23:49:47 -0800

kona_iron_at_yahoo.fr (Kona) wrote in message news:<a1de658a.0312141117.681baddd_at_posting.google.com>...

> Not realy a problem.
> But just a security case.
> I would like to be sure that a no authorized ODBC client can not
> connect to the Oracle DB.
> I suppose that I have to search the solution outside of the "ODBC
> area". Certainly on ORACLE*NET configuration (for example).

Just so I'm clear, are you asking for ways to prevent unauthorized ODBC connections to the database? If so, in what context-- are you trying to prevent Joe in accounting from accidentally pointing a local copy of Access against the database or are you trying to prevent a determined technical user from making an unauthorized connection? In other words, is it sufficient to erect a couple of hurdles to make it clear to honest users that you don't want unauthorized connections, or do you really want to secure the system?

Justin Cave Received on Mon Dec 15 2003 - 01:49:47 CST