Re: What to configure for ODBC acces again an Oracle DB ?

From: Kona <kona_iron_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: 14 Dec 2003 11:17:34 -0800

Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message news:<5j9ktv0sqptv70jqv1eusgu3dnl0u4m494_at_4ax.com>...
> kona_iron_at_yahoo.fr (Kona) wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I would like to known what have I to configure on server side to gain
> >ODBC acces again an Oracle DB ?
> >Have I to set any config file or DB setting on the server side ?
> >
> >Or is the setting only on client site (ODBC driver, connection
> >parameters ...)
> >
> >Thank you
>
> No server side stuff needed..ODBC is client-only.
>
> Were you having a problem?

Not realy a problem.
But just a security case.
I would like to be sure that a no authorized ODBC client can not connect to the Oracle DB.
I suppose that I have to search the solution outside of the "ODBC area". Certainly on ORACLE*NET configuration (for example).

And for an ODBC connection again a DB2 DB (Solaris Sun server) have I to search the solution on DB2Connect ?

Thank you Received on Sun Dec 14 2003 - 13:17:34 CST