Re: ORA-09945: Unable to initialize the audit trail file

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:02:28 -0800

See comments inline below:

dataRookie wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am a newbie to this area of db admin. I am trying to log in to
> oracle 9i as root but it is forcing me to log in in the failsafe

It is a BAD practice to use the root account when dealing with Oracle.

> mode(using win32). Also am not able to startup an idle instance of

What do you mean by "failsafe mode"?
Where does win32 come into play?

> oracle db. All this started when i was doing a 'shutdown' of oracle
> and while i was still in the process, the sun server (on which oracle
> sits) went down.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could please help me with these errors
> that i get when i am logged into oracle in the fails safe mode and i
> try to do a startup...
>
> ORA-09945: Unable to initialize the audit trail file
> SVR4 Error: 49: Disc quota exceeded

What part of "Disc quota exceeded" do you NOT understand? You have an OS (Solaris) error.
Either delete some files or raise the quota.

> Does deleting the contents of $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/aduit help ? or can
> it hurt later?

It can hurt only if/when you want to see the contents of the deleted file(s). Received on Sat Dec 13 2003 - 17:02:28 CST