ORA-09945: Unable to initialize the audit trail file

From: dataRookie <datarookie_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2003 14:53:02 -0800

Hello all,

I am a newbie to this area of db admin. I am trying to log in to oracle 9i as root but it is forcing me to log in in the failsafe mode(using win32). Also am not able to startup an idle instance of oracle db. All this started when i was doing a 'shutdown' of oracle and while i was still in the process, the sun server (on which oracle sits) went down.

I would appreciate if someone could please help me with these errors that i get when i am logged into oracle in the fails safe mode and i try to do a startup...

ORA-09945: Unable to initialize the audit trail file SVR4 Error: 49: Disc quota exceeded

Does deleting the contents of $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/aduit help ? or can it hurt later? I understand that this directory logs the login sessions of the DBA.

Thanks
Rookie Received on Sat Dec 13 2003 - 16:53:02 CST