Perplexing ORA-01461

From: Haximus <666_at_444.1234>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:06:57 GMT

I'm working on a Forms 9i application, the db used is Oracle9i Enterprise Edition 9.2.0.4.0 running on RedHat AS 3.0. I keep getting an ORA-01461 error, which is defined as "can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column." The perplexing part is none of the columns in the table being inserted are defined as LONG, nor are any of the variables I'm using. I've searched metalink and tried some of the suggested fixes but no joy. Received on Thu Dec 11 2003 - 19:06:57 CST