I.S.O. change management best practices

From: Michael Baker <ihatespam_mbpokeyman_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:30:46 GMT

Hi,

I'm new heavy Oracle development, having previously only done CRUD type stuff from Smalltalk and Java code. In my case, "heavy development" is packages, procedures, and functions, as well as DDL and DML for loading large tables.

So, my question is what are some of the best options for source control ( change management, SCM, whatever )?

My research so far...
I've read a little bit about the Oracle Change Management tool. I also have SQLNavigator available, which has its Team Development environment, but I'm not allowed to use Clearcase, SourceSafe, or PVCS.

So, what are the best ideas out there?

Thanks,
MB Received on Thu Dec 11 2003 - 20:30:46 CST