Internal lock

From: Ofer <oferr_at_realcommerce.co.il>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:11:12 +0200

Hi all,

I have a problem with Oracle internal locks increasing daily. I've raised the db_block_lru_latches parameter up to 4 times my CPU count, it helped for a while, but now I have high internal locks again.

Environment: Oracle 8.1.6; my main application does not allow use of bind variables; I run a news internet site, so usually most of the surfers browse the same article...

Does anyone have an idea for a way to reduce internal locks?

I monitor my DB with SQL PRECISE application Received on Tue Dec 09 2003 - 03:11:12 CST