How can I allocate database files to another hard disks

From: Ursula Lee <ursula.lee_at_thales-is.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:40:16 +0800

Hi All,

We are currently running out of disk space in our existing hard drives.

    The Oracle instances always take up to 100% of disk space usage. We are now ordering the extra 2 hard disks 18 G each (36 G total), is it possible to allocate those data files in the extra hard disks, but keeping the Oracle instance in the existing one?

As I am not a DBA, any idea how to do that?

One of the example in creating DB Files is:

CREATE TABLESPACE "INDX" LOGGING DATAFILE
'/bases/data/oradata/TKEDBMS//bdoracle/indx1_tkedbms.dbf' SIZE 25M REUSE
AUTOEXTEND
ON NEXT 1280K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED,
'/opt/oracle/product/oracle9i/oradata/TKEDBMS/.dbf' SIZE 5M EXTENT
MANAGEMENT LOCAL SEGMENT
SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO ; Appreciate your help!
Ursula Received on Tue Dec 09 2003 - 03:40:16 CST