Re: Internal lock

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 9 Dec 2003 08:58:43 -0800

"Ofer" <oferr_at_realcommerce.co.il> wrote in message news:<br43k9$8gi$1_at_news2.netvision.net.il>...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with Oracle internal locks increasing daily.
> I've raised the db_block_lru_latches parameter up to 4 times my CPU count,
> it helped for a while, but now I have high internal locks again.
>
> Environment: Oracle 8.1.6; my main application does not allow use of bind
> variables; I run a news internet site, so usually most of the surfers browse
> the same article...
>
> Does anyone have an idea for a way to reduce internal locks?
>
> I monitor my DB with SQL PRECISE application

the internal locks are increasing because of lack of bind variables. there is nothing else you can do. you can try CURSOR_SHARING=force, but taht has consequences. You will have to look them up.

the way you reduce them is to use bind variables. either that or dont scale your application. Received on Tue Dec 09 2003 - 10:58:43 CST