Long columns obsolete

From: Robert <_at_tref.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:26:55 +0100

Hi there,

I have a third party application which uses a lot of LONG columns. I heard Oracle has them for backwards compatibility and from 9i they are obsolete.

Is this true ? I can't seems to find a statement on this at the oracle site

If you had the choice would you use LONG's ?

Cheers,

Robert Received on Sat Dec 06 2003 - 03:26:55 CST