Re: Running Instances on Windoz

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 2 Dec 2003 21:34:47 -0800

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote

> I'm not sure that it's an Oracle problem.
>
> I've had this configured on about 2 doz. nearly identical Windows 2000
> Pro systems (9iAS: Basic Admin class). The inconsistency in 9iAS
> start-ups seems to indicate that Services may have an internal timeout
> while waiting for dependancies. The symptom seems to be "Time-out, stop
> waiting and attempt to start the service". If the timeout was Oracle's,
> I think I would have found a place to configure it.

Interesting... what does the event log say? Service failures should be recorded there. What other services does 9iAS rely on?

As you say Hans, it is frustrating working with an o/s where the bonnet is welded shut. Though I never had any real problems with NT services I developed - but these were TCP services and only required the IP stack to be loaded. Thus no service dependancies.

--
Billy