Re: DRIVING_SITE

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 2 Dec 2003 21:16:57 -0800

Rob <rjc4687_at_hotmail.com> wrote :

> Has anyone come across a case where Oracle decides to send data to join
> to a table on a remote site rather than bringing data back to join
> locally?

I have not seen it - without using driving_site I get the joins happen locally. Which can be a real performance problem. I try for the select to be resolved completely on the remote db and then add a spoonful of driving_site to it. The aim is to only move the result set across the network.

As for distributed joins. Plain and simply no. Not on any database I have to look after.

--
Billy