Re: Case insensitive queries

From: Hans Forbrich <hans.forbrich_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:30:18 GMT

Galen Boyer wrote:

> Why are people so damn ready to defend Oracle, even when it has
> an obvious limitation? I love alot of things about Oracle, but
> this is a shortcoming, no matter how it is sliced.

Last counter-question .... is case-insensitivity part of the SQL spec?

If so, then full-speed ahead.

If not, I'd rather see all vendors get closer to the spec rather than have each march in it's own direction on some 'convenience' mechanisms. (I find the deviation from spec that each vendor has to be totally disgusting.)

I've never found this issue a short-coming. IMO, "limitations" with acceptable(?) workarounds are not necessarily limitations, although they might be irritations. I really don't find this an obvious limitation.

(Using your tone - Why are people so ready to whine about Oracle when there are acceptable solutions available?) Received on Fri Nov 28 2003 - 20:30:18 CST