Pentium M and Oracle Performance

From: W. Theiss <wtheiss_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:52:39 +0100

Hello,

does anyone have experience with Pentium M CPU and it's Performance with Oracle 9i ??

I'm getting ready to buy a Dell Latitude D800 with Pentium M 1700MHz, 2.0GB RAM and two HDDs 60GB build in and 40GB in Media bay.

I am wondering about the Oracle Performance of this system compared with a Pentium 4 mobile CPU System.

I have read that the Pentium M 1,7GHz general performance is about the same as the Pentium 4 with 2.6GHz.

Because there are much faster Pentium 4 CPUs available (max 3.2GHz) and the price for the Latitude D800 is quite expensive I am wondering if it make sense to spend more money for a Pentium M CPU, because we basically need Processor speed to run Oracle 9i

best regards
Wolfgang Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 06:52:39 CST