Re: "Nologging"-option tablespace and tables

From: Jan Korecki <Jan.Korecki_at_contactor.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:35:42 +0100

Volker Hetzer wrote:

> "Jan Korecki" <Jan.Korecki_at_contactor.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fbb7b60$0$97839$57c3e1d3_at_news3.bahnhof.se...
>

>>Warning!
>>Be _very_ carful when using nologging and +append in a production database.
>>
>>It is useful sometimes (big batch inserts) but you have to backup the
>>database afterwards in order to have a consistent backup. Dont play
>>around with it without coordinating the person responsible for the backups.

> Just out of curiosity, is there any reason not to force logging on a production
> database? (alter database force logging)
>
> Greetings!
> Volker

I never used "force logging" but i think that it overrides +append and nologging. Im i correct?

If i didnt trust my developers i would probably set force logging in the database and turn it off if/when doing _controlled_ huge batchinserts i order to save time.

But as i said i did not know about the "force logging" so i have to check it up first if it has any drawbacks.

Regards,
Janne!

Disclaimer:
The above are the opinions of God as recited by my telepathic goldfish. Those who oppose them with be struck by lightning. Such an event will be reflected on their electrical bill. Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 09:35:42 CST