Re: creating db copy from online backup problems...

From: rpr <r_p_renu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2003 08:59:41 -0800

Hi,
  In case Niall has not replied with details about his solution : Here is what i think :

  1. Put the temp files offline using : alter database datafile '...<name> ' offline. You can use the file number here too but good practice to stick to name.
  2. Open the database.
  3. Drop the temp tablespace
  4. CReate a new temp tablespace.

If step 2 does not succeed because another file needs recovery then if is a temp file then put it offline and try to open and so on. Of course it is very important to make sure it is really temp. good luck